The world's wildest roller coasters are crouching in the theme park wilds, ready to uncoil and strike the visitors with an irresistible adrenaline rush, the only addiction without any noticeable side-effects (other than a crazed look).
Top Thrill Dragster is a steel, hydraulically-launched roller coaster located at Cedar Point Amusement Park in Sandusky, Ohio. It was the first "Strata Coaster," loosely defined as a complete circuit coaster that is 400 to 499 feet tall.
When Top Thrill Dragster opened, it set several new records:
- First continuous-circuit roller coaster to top 400 feet
- First roller coaster to reach 120 mph
- Highest drop of any coaster
- Fastest roller coaster in the world
- Tallest roller Coaster in the world